Quick access to MRI, CT and PET Scans
How do I access it?
- See your consultant to gain a referral for a scan (download the referral form here)
- Call our Scanning Helpline on 0345 345 4556
Lines are open Monday to Friday 8.00am – 6.00pm (except public holidays)
- Helpful staff will explain the process of booking your scan – they’ll need written confirmation from your consultant
- They will arrange your scan for you, usually within 2 weeks
- You travel, at your own expense, to your nearest available Alliance Medical Scanning Facility
- After your scan a report will be sent to your consultant, usually within 10 days, to support your on-going diagnosis and care
A more detailed explanation can be found in this handy guide.
What do you get?
- Receive a high-quality scan for quick diagnosis
- Choice of location, date and time
- MRI and CT scans are unlimited
- PET scans are limited to one per 12 month period
Care and peace of mind during a difficult time in your life
- Arrange your scan at a time and place convenient for you
- You can feel confident that you will be looked after by a professional team
- They’ll support you at each step of your scan
- You’ll receive a friendly and reliable service
Take a look at these handy guides on what to expect when having a scan: