Job Title – Business Development Consultant
- Location - North West Region
Westfield Health is an award winning, Investors in People organisation and one of the country’s leading health cash plan providers. Every day we enable more customers and their families to confidently take control of their health. We’re championing a fresh and holistic approach to wellbeing at work and at play. Our range of innovative healthcare solutions focuses on both treatment and prevention for the body and mind. We are very proud of our achievements to date and have a strong and clear commitment to building the organisation and developing our employees.
An exciting and challenging opportunity has arisen within the Sales and Marketing Department as a Business Development Consultant covering the North West area reporting to the Northern Region Team Leader. We are looking for an enthusiastic individual, with the ability to increase business to business sales and achieve targets, while providing a high standard of customer care to both new and existing customers. This role also requires strategic management & development of regional Chambers of Commerce which will include attendance at major networking events, exhibitions and conferences. Flexible working hours will be required on a regular basis. To be considered for this role you must live in or near to Manchester.
- To self generate appointments through a combination of referrals, outbound calling and networking
- Coordination of ongoing promotional campaigns, sharing best practices with team colleagues
- To ensure high levels of retention and growth whilst providing excellent level’s of support to an existing client portfolio and partners in accordance with current quality standard guidelines.
- The ability to cross sell products to both existing and new clients.
- The capability to cover staff presentations ,on site recruitment drives and health awareness days
- To ensure appointments are conducted professionally and are followed up effectively in line with the company guidelines
- To represent the company at exhibitions, conferences and seminars as appropriate, ensuring high levels of market awareness
- To update and maintain the company’s database with clear notes on all contact made against the company prospects and targets ensuring activity and outcomes are accurately recorded
Knowledge, skills and experience required
- Must have a minimum two years proven experience working within a sales driven environment in an FCA/regulated organisation
- Have a proven track record of achieving and exceeding sales targets.
- Proven experience of achievement or target focused environment and ability to be able to meet deadlines and manage own workload within agreed parameters.
- Must be well organised and highly self motivated
- Proven experience of being pro active in bringing on new business and sales opportunities
- Demonstrate a consultative sales style selling a wide portfolio of insurance and
- non-insurance products and services
- >Must have experience and be articulate and confident in communicating at all levels within the organisation and to large groups of people both orally and in writing (from operational level, to Department Head and Director level)
- Full driving license.
- To be considered for this role you must live in or near to Manchester. The role will cover the following postcodes, CA/LA/OL/BL/WN/M/SK
Interviews will be held first 2 weeks in November in Head Office, Sheffield or Manchester
Part of the selection process will be a Presentation and Competency Based Interview. Candidates will be asked for specific examples detailing how they have demonstrated the skills and behaviours required for this role.
This is a fantastic opportunity to make a real difference in a vibrant and constantly evolving organisation. If you feel that you have the necessary skills to carry out this role, please apply by submitting an application form available on the website and up to date CV by email to HRinbox@westfieldhealth.com.
Click here to download an application form.
Westfield Health is an equal opportunities employer.