Job Title – Marketing Research & Development Executive
- Location - Sheffield
- Twelve months
- Salary to be discussed at interview
Westfield Health is an award winning, Investors in People organisation and one of the country’s leading health cash plan providers. Every day we enable more customers and their families to confidently take control of their health. We’re championing a fresh and holistic approach to wellbeing at work and at play. Our range of innovative healthcare solutions focuses on both treatment and prevention for the body and mind. We are very proud of our achievements to date and have a strong and clear commitment to building the organisation and developing our employees.
We are undergoing a period of rapid change with a number of interesting product development projects underway. Reporting to the Senior Market Research Executive this role will have day to day responsibility for providing essential market and customer insight to inform our proposition development activity. With strong research and analysis skills, and experience of managing research projects, the Marketing Research & Development Executive will be an important part of the Marketing team with a chance to really make an impact.
- Monitor our external environment by reviewing the press and market reports, desk research, gathering informal insight via colleagues, and identifying relevant external experts and providers.
- Identify change drivers and trends encompassing: the NHS and private healthcare providers; Government policy and legislation; the economy, consumer, social and health trends/needs; digital health and wellbeing developments; the corporate health and benefits markets; the health insurance and protection markets; companies, policyholders and competitors.
- Producing competitor product comparisons and evaluations. Maintaining a bank of up-to-date statistics.
- Help provide a professional research and survey resource to provide insights for: customer needs and satisfaction; new product opportunities and concepts; market segmentation; corporate strategy; brand sentiment and to guide Marketing focus.
- Agree the appropriate research approach for each project; manage project execution from end to end; conducting in-house desk research and online surveys; brief and manage external research agencies; liaise with other teams internally to coordinate and communicate projects.
- Help to impart appropriate intelligence, insight and recommendations so colleagues are equipped with relevant and reliable statistics, market knowledge and clear insights to do their jobs effectively.
- Advise Marketing about appropriate trends/issues for Thought Leadership activities, and support the production of blogs, white papers, infographics and other Content/Social Marketing.
- Produce email bulletins and alerts; face-to-face staff briefings and presentations of insight as required.
- Help to research consumers, policyholders, corporate customers and intermediaries to support the development of customer Personas, effective targeting and implementation of marketing communications, new business campaigns, and improved customer service
- Help implement appropriate research and surveys including: customer profiling and segmentation; customer satisfaction, needs and attitudes measurement; and views on our products and marketing communications.
- Investigate potential new market innovations and product ideas to help us to evaluate new product development options.
- Carry out desk research into new products and markets. Provide competitive benchmarking evaluations for new and existing plans. Work with the R&D Team Leader to design and implement research projects to develop new product prototypes, market test the product concepts, size their markets, and provide evidence of the clinical impact / customer value delivered. Help identify potential third party providers and key competitors for new product ideas.
- Work with colleagues across the business, including Underwriting, the Senior Leadership Team, and the Executive Leadership Team, to complete companywide objectives and projects.
Ensure the research budget is monitored, adhered to and reconciled on a monthly basis. Record expenditure, raise purchase orders and ensure payment is made.
Provide cover in the absence of the Senior Market Research Executive.
Knowledge, skills and experience required
- Candidates for this role must have a good standard of education, coupled with demonstrable knowledge of desk and primary research techniques
- You will be experienced in designing and executing surveys, ideally including some experience of briefing and managing external research agencies
- Specific experience of research to support new product development is desirable
- You will have of a track record in identifying and evaluating relevant facts and insight, and be highly numerate so able to draw out patterns in survey and other data
- You will be a confident report writer with a track record of clearly presenting key insights and conclusions
- Ideally you’ll be proficient with web survey software (preferably SurveyMonkey)
- Be able to work as One Team with internal teams, external suppliers, and stakeholders to deliver projects and tasks
- Solid experience of delivering projects with specific outputs and deadlines
- Must be extremely well organised with the ability to work both as part of a team or work unsupervised and use your own initiative.
This is a full time role. Applicants should apply using the application form and email to HRinbox@westfieldhealth.com. Applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Click here to download an application form.
Interview date to be confirmed.
Westfield Health is an equal opportunities employer.