Job Title – Sales Team Leader
- Location - Home based, covering a north role
- Guide/National Sales
- Interviews will be held on 07 December 2016
Westfield Health is a dynamic, award winning, Investors in People Silver accredited organisation and one of the country's leading health insurers. As well as being highly successful, the Company has a compassionate and ethical outlook and is seen as a true partner by its customers. We are very proud of our achievements to date and have a strong and clear commitment to building the organisation and developing our employees.
An exciting and challenging opportunity has arisen as Regional Team Leader responsible for the day to day management of the Direct Sales Team .Reporting directly to the Sales Manager .The Regional Team Leader will be responsible for managing and leading a team to achieve departmental objectives and company sales targets through business to business and regulated and non-regulated third party customers and partners. To develop and embed a consultative sales process across all Westfield Products and sales channels.
- Structure, lead, manage, develop, effectively coach and motivate the team to ensure that individual, team and departmental objectives are met.
- To deliver self - generated activity expectations.
- Acts as a role model to team and peers; leads and motivates others to continually improve performance
- To deliver “new” new business targets and expectations across the North sales team.
- To provide a high standard of customer care through the team to existing direct and intermediated client base in line with company standards, including organisation of site visits, captive audience presentations and inductions. . (this may include evenings and weekend working)
- To ensure appointments are conducted professionally and are followed up effectively in line with the company guidelines
- To represent the company at exhibitions, conferences, seminars conferences, corporate hospitality and other networking events as appropriate, on behalf of Westfield Health
- To update and maintain the company's database with clear notes on all contacts made against company prospects ensuring the correct outcome is selected
- Collaborate with internal departments to ensure follow up and conversion levels are maintained after all exhibition and conference covered.
- Continual improvement of process, procedures and policies where applicable working alongside other colleagues and departments to best support the strategic organisational and departmental goals and objectives by consulting with key business stakeholders.
- To support high levels of retention and growth of existing portfolio and third party partnerships
- Responsible for role-modelling the values and influencing Sales through a serious of multifaceted change.
- The ability to manage, lead and engage people and take them with you on the transformation journey whilst continuing to deliver the highest levels of service to deliver business targets
- Through strong leadership skills implementing all aspects of people management to improve performance across all aspects of the business
- Embed and support the implementation of a coaching culture across the organisation, developing direct reports skills required to deliver this effectively, and supporting the re-engineering of the performance management framework.
- Work with the Sales manager to support in the development of succession planning and the creation of transparency of career paths across Sales. This will include build a talent pipeline in Sales area.
Knowledge, skills and experience required
- High level experience working in a regulated and target driven sales environment
- Demonstrable leadership and people management experience and skills with ability to build effective relationships and engagement across the business to achieve maximum performance across the business
- Experience of effectively coaching and developing a team to continuously drive and improve the team's technical abilities & behavioural skills, with experience of the ability to raise performance and exceed team targets
- The ability to self-generate opportunities with ability to demonstrate a consultative sales style
- Proven track record of achieving and exceeding sales targets
- Significant experience of being proactive in bringing new solutions and innovations to the department and business
- Extensive customer service background
- Proven experience of generating leads
- Proven experience in a management role ideally in an FSA regulated organisation.
- In depth knowledge of the cash plan or financial industry would be advantageous
- Experience of developing effective working relationships and influencing with both and internal and external to resources, to develop and embed a consultative sales process across all Westfield Products and sales channels
- Excellent Verbal and written communications and interpersonal skills with the ability to build influential relationships with a wide range of stakeholders to speak clearly and engagingly.
- Proven ability to work under pressure in time critical situations with flexibility with the ability to be decisive, resilient and personable with integrity
- Full driving license.
- Must live within area of responsibility which would be ideally north of Sheffield and based in England.
This is a fantastic opportunity and if you feel that you have the necessary skills to carry out this role, please apply by submitting a CV and covering letter or an application form outlining information relevant to the selection criteria stated. This should include examples of how your skills and experience meet the requirements of the job along with any other relevant supporting information. Submit completed applications by email to HRinbox@westfieldhealth.com.
Westfield Health is an equal opportunities employer.