Job Title – Software Developer
- Location - Sheffield
- Full Time, Permanent
- Competitive Salary
Westfield Health is a dynamic, award winning, Investors in People organisation and one of the country’s leading health cash plan providers. As well as being highly successful, the Company has a compassionate and ethical outlook and is seen as a true partner by its customers. We are very proud of our achievements to date and have a strong and clear commitment to building the organisation and developing our employees.
We are seeking to recruit an additional Software Developer to work in our ICT Team. The successful candidate will report to a Senior Software Developer. The position primarily provides a comprehensive and efficient claims process to our customers whilst providing first class Customer Service.
- Develop robust, clean and test-covered code to satisfy required developments for each agile sprint/ story.
- Follow agreed design processes for the architecture and implementation of new software and cloud infrastructure to meet the requirements of the business.
- Involvement in Project scoping and definition alongside other Developers, Delivery Managers and Project and Programme Managers.
Knowledge, skills and experience required
- Passionate about clean and pragmatic code, TDD/BDD and modern software development practices.
- Experience building stacks for scalable web applications, with consideration of performance, security, auditing, maintainability and integration concerns.
- In-depth familiarity with modern .NET technologies including
- C# 7
- ASP.NET 4.7,
- Entity Framework
- .NET or .NET Core, including Core MVC, and Web API
- Cloud experience in AWS, Azure or GCP (AWS preferred)
- Experience of version control systems including Git
- Experience of the use of development and testing environments and a continuous integration process through these with multiple CI providers such as TeamCity, CircleCi, Jenkins etc either on-prem or in cloud
- Experience of Agile working and the software development lifecycle
- RDB experience with MS SQL Server or MySQL
Good but not essential
- Experience with Front-end frameworks including Angular 2 +/ Vue.js
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code technologies such as Terraform or Cloud Formation
- Knowledge of WebPack and SASS.
- Experience using Azure DevOps
- Experience of Mobile App development
- Oracle DB
- Familiarity with Unix shell tooling including Bash
- Experience of container technologies with knowledge of container orchestration systems including Rancher, Kubernetes, Docker Swarm etc.
- Experience in log aggregation, monitoring and metrics tooling such as AWS CloudWatch, Prometheus, Grafana, ELK stack, Splunk or similar
- Bitbucket, TFS, Target Process, TeamCity
- Experience using Node.js
- Schemaless database experience with MongoDB or similar
Part of the selection process will be a Competency Based Interview. Candidates will be asked for specific examples detailing how they have demonstrated the skills and behaviours required for this role.
This is a fantastic opportunity if you feel that you have the necessary skills to carry out this role, please apply by submitting your CV to HRInbox@westfieldhealth.com and provide information relevant to the selection criteria stated. This should include examples of how your skills, qualifications and experience meet the requirements of the job along with any other relevant supporting information.
Westfield Health is an equal opportunities employer.