Closing date: 21 January 2022
Contract: Full Time, Permanent
The role of PA to the Chief Operating Office & Deputy CEO is central to providing our Executive Team and Board with a proactive and professional support service.
We are passionate about inspiring and empowering our colleagues to be the best we can be. We believe that our people are our strongest asset and by recruiting people that understand and live by our values; The Westfield Way, we aim to continue to provide an excellent experience for our colleagues and customers. Our commitment to creating a workplace where our colleagues feel connected, heard, developed, recognised and supported has been demonstrated by our achievement of the prestigious Investors in People Gold accreditation!
We aim to have a workforce that is the right mix of capable and motivated people that appropriately represents the breadth of the communities in which we serve. Equally important is our ability to develop a shared culture, guided by the Westfield Way, to ensure we have the right people for the right roles.
We take a proactive approach to acknowledge colleague’s contributions and achievements: we are focused on how we work, not when or where. That’s why our flexible approach to working gives colleagues the choice as to how they integrate work into their lives.
About the role
The role of PA to the Chief Operating Office & Deputy CEO is central to providing our Executive Team and Board with a proactive and professional support service. Westfield Health are dedicated to making a healthy difference to the quality of life of our customers, and the PA to the COO & Deputy CEO will work closely with the Executive Team and Board to provide support in the delivery of the Business Strategy for Westfield Health.
Main duties and responsibilities
Perform key Company Secretarial activities, such as:
- The efficient administration of all Board and AGM meetings including:
- The coordination of agenda items
- Booking the Board meetings (in line with Board availability)
- Collating, reviewing (to ensure the papers are in an appropriate format), and circulating papers electronically
- Supporting the NED Chairs in the creation of the quarterly Committee Update Reports to the Board
- Provide accurate accounts of Board and AGM meetings by producing full minutes, including all key decisions and action points
- Sending AGM notices to Members within the set timescales
- Maintenance of the Register of Members.
- Ongoing maintenance of the several Regulatory registers
- Ensuring an annual review of the Board Schedule of Matters
- Filing the Confirmation Statements on behalf of all Westfield companies at Companies House
- Provide a point of contact to all NEDs and assisting them where needed.
Provide secretarial and administrative support to the Audit Committee, Investment Committee, Risk Committee, and Pensions Committee. This involves:
- Liaising with the various Committee Chairs
- Being responsible for booking the meetings
- Chasing action points
- Collating and circulating meeting papers
- Provide an accurate account of all meetings by producing minutes, which are submitted to the Board on a quarterly basis
- Collation of the forms and feedback for the Effectiveness Review of the Committees
- Maintenance of the Terms of Reference.
Full Range of Support to the COO & Deputy CEO:
- Provide a full range of administrative and general support ensuring accurate work is produced in line with agreed timescales. Full diary and inbox management for the COO & Deputy CEO, including coordination of international travel, accommodation, and itineraries. Maintain a flexible approach to work schedule and working hours.
- Work closely with the COO & Deputy CEO in developing a good working relationship, as will be needed to provide a “sounding board” whilst adopting a discreet manner in relation to confidential matters within the business at all times.
- Work on own initiative and take responsibility to prioritise and manage workloads to maximum efficiency.
- Preparation of Board reports, presentations, and associated research and documentation (including due diligence), ensuring the information is accurate and delivered within the required timescales.
- Construction and embedding of key timetables and meetings to support both the annual Business Planning process, Budgeting process, and Year-End Accounts cycle
- Create draft presentations for the COO & Deputy CEO for Communications Day events
- Responsible for filing appropriate Solvency II returns
- Support the Commercial Finance team with the Product/Channel Profitability Analysis process
- Manage a level of spend of up to £1000 without authorisation and ensure that expense returns for both yourself and the COO & Deputy CEO are submitted within the set timescales. Oversight of the MA, MF and PE Budget and assist the COO & Deputy CEO with budget setting for the next financial year
- Provide the Executive Leadership Team and the COO & Deputy CEO’s Direct Reports with administrative and general support as required. Act as a Deputy for the COO in ensuring all required timelines and deliverables are met by the team.
- Work as a team with the other PAs to ensure that the Executive Leadership Team’s administrative needs are met, and that PA cover is maintained across the business.
Education and qualifications
- 5 GCSE’s A-C including Maths and English, or equivalent qualification.
- Ideally educated to degree level
- Significant experience in a similar one-on-one support role to a Board Level Executive Director
- Demonstrative experience of working within a pressurised environment
- Significant experience of working both singularly and as part of a team
- Proven project management experience
- Sound exposure to a busy and demanding office environment.
- Company Secretarial experience
- Experience of working within an FCA regulated environment
- Demonstrative experience of event planning and execution and managing corporate hospitality.
Skills and abilities
- Strong organisational skills and ability to juggle a busy work schedule whilst maintaining high levels of accuracy, and able to work to short timescales, prioritising projects and tasks
- Excellent written and oral communication, with a strong attention to detail
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint
- The ability to manage busy business diaries and inboxes
- The ability to design and produce high-quality, professional documents to agreed specifications. Present accurate and correct text in an agreed format from notes
- Ability to organise and manage small and large-scale meetings, ensuring the necessary tasks are carried out before, during and after the meeting
- Extensive minute-taking skills
- Confidence to manage a variety of partnerships and stakeholder relationships, at all levels of the business
- Demonstrable problem-solving skills
- The ability to maintain an accurate and up-to-date filing system; use of different information systems to process, store, archive, and retrieve information in line with organisational requirements.
- The ability to provide detailed travel itineraries. To research, organise and agree arrangements for travel and accommodation to meet the brief and agreed budget
- Ability to plan, implement and monitor administrative services to meet specified needs of the COO & Deputy CEO and recommend improvements where necessary.
The Westfield Way
We are looking for people to join our team who have the right level of experience and skills and can also demonstrate behaviours in line with our Values; The Westfield Way. Our co-created Values reflect the ‘way we do things around here’. The PA to the COO & Deputy CEO will be expected to demonstrate these values in all aspects of their role.
We care – To uphold an environment where there is mutual respect, compassion and care for the different types of work that we do, and types of people we work with. To be proud of our individual differences, our relationships and commitment to each other.
We’re in it together – To know you belong at Westfield Health; we are encouraged, valued and recognised to be the best team we can be. We consider how we can work better together by being open, supportive and listening to each other.
We are explorers – For us all to get involved with how Westfield Health develops and progresses. To embrace changes and be curious about how we do things differently. To have the voice to be constructive, challenging and pioneering.
We own it – Contribute through informed, evidence-based thinking about how we can improve, whilst being accountable and taking ownership of our work. To be proud of our contribution and have clarity of how we all make a positive difference.
Westfield Health offers many benefits to our colleagues as part of your employment package. We believe that by treating our colleagues well, they will enjoy working with us -and happy colleagues makes happy customers; it’s a win-win!
Stay fit and well by accessing your personal Health Cash Plan and Private Health Insurance policies. Be rest assured that you are well looked after and have cover for all your essential healthcare needs.
Take advantage of our all-inclusive internal wellbeing experience. We offer all colleagues free access to our Active Space which includes daily classes and development from our wellbeing coach. Take time within the working day to utilise our Wellbeing Room, Yoga and Pilates classes to unwind and relax.
Our annual bonus scheme reflects the hard work we all contribute towards. We offer flexible working arrangements to balance your home and work life and, important to know for the future, we offer incremental annual leave and service awards to our colleagues after 5 years’ service.
Are you interested?
Part of the selection process will be a Competency Based Interview. Candidates will be asked for specific examples detailing how they have demonstrated the Skills and Values required for this role.
If you feel that you have the necessary skills and values to carry out this role, please apply by submitting your CV and provide information relevant to the selection criteria stated. This should include examples of how your skills, qualifications and experience meet the requirements of the role along with any other relevant supporting information.
Submit your CV and covering letter via email to HRinbox@westfieldhealth.com