Definition of a pre-existing medical condition
We do not ask you to declare pre-existing conditions when you sign up, but may ask your GP to confirm that it does not relate to a pre-existing condition when you first make a claim.
If you are unsure whether you have a pre-existing medical condition, please contact us before you submit a claim relating to that condition and we will decide if it is relevant or not.
A pre-existing medical condition is a condition for which you or a dependent child:
- Are currently taking any prescribed medication, or have taken prescribed medication in the last 12 months;
- Have consulted a GP or Consultant Physician/Consultant Surgeon during the last 12 months;
- Have received advice or treatment from a qualified practitioner or therapist i.e. Physiotherapist, Acupuncturist, Chiropractor, Homeopath, Osteopath, Chiropodist, Podiatrist or any other complementary medicine practitioner, during the last 12 months;
- Have attended a hospital or registered treatment centre during the last 12 months;
- Are awaiting any medical tests, investigations or treatment, or are awaiting the results of any medical tests or investigations, whether or not the condition has been diagnosed;
- Attend your GP, Consultant Physician/Consultant Surgeon or hospital for monitoring or check-ups;
- Have an illness, injury or condition that is permanent, or has ever previously recurred or that is likely to recur.