About the role
This crucial role is suitable for a graduate or junior manager who would have the opportunity to design, develop and deliver a full marketing and communication strategy for the Department and the subsequent engagement approach for the attraction, integration and promotion of our offering to employees across the corporate estate. The offering includes Fitness, Hair and beauty, sports shop and other wellbeing services.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Write, edit and design content to engage internal audiences; promoting the Wellbeing Strategy within the department as well as the wider business goals
- Plan and develop communication and engagement strategies that help bolster the companies image, reputation and on campus & virtual presence
- Develop and deliver an annual calendar of onboarding and engagement events, campaigns, webinars, workshops and online events ensuring that this activity aligns with the wider corporate wellbeing goals and strategy
- Manage all event operations including planning, delivery, any vendor logistics, internal stakeholder coordination, organising set-up etc
- Create and deliver internal engagement communications plans, including copywriting for the intranet, content for noticeboards, banners etc
- Oversee all member and colleague communications including email correspondence, reports and other communication materials ensuring quality, accuracy and consistency of voice
- Recommend innovative approaches and solutions to enhance current communication channels and engagement campaigns across the estate by analysing data and market trends and reporting on these findings
- Responsible for the design and maintenance of the intranet pages and social media presence
- Working closely and collaborate with the company’s internal comms team supporting a range of different business critical employee engagement projects across the estate
- Liaising with Heads of Department (Fitness, Colleague Services, Hair and Beauty etc) in ensuring communication deadlines and roll out of new services are delivered on time and correctly
Skills and Values
We are looking for people to join our team who have the right level of experience and skills working in a Health & Wellbeing environment and can also demonstrate behaviours in line with our Values; The Westfield Way.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, PR, or a related field
- Use of a graphic design software platform (InDesign, photoshop or similar)
- 3 years + working within events and or marketing and branding team
- Proven track record of successfully working independently to establish training needs, develop interventions to meet these needs, and deliver high-quality health and wellbeing solutions and interventions as a result
- Experience or knowledge in Corporate Wellbeing, Fitness and Health Clubs, or Hair and Beauty
- Highly organised with excellent organisational, interpersonal, project management and administrative skills
- Self-motivated, proactive and have an ability to project plan and manage the timelines and budgets
- Experience managing external suppliers and collaborating with wider teams, effective delegation and management of multiple parties for optimal productivity and to ensure all events are executed to the highest standards
- Devise clear Standard Operating Procedures for all events, manage all processes and take full ownership of end-to-end event production
- Ability to maintain a high standard of accuracy, detail oriented
- Clear concise written, verbal, and visual communication skills
- Be comfortable handling pressure, high demands, and multi-tasking
- Able to report directly to Senior Management and relevant stakeholders in a concise and professional manner, paying particular attention to detail including presentation style and formatting
- Able to build excellent stakeholder relationships with all levels of seniority, and always ensure open lines of communication
- Comfortable producing proposals for events (including timelines, venues, suppliers, legal obligations, staffing and budgets)
- Accountable for all pre-event planning, organising guest speakers and to conduct event briefing for speakers, staff, suppliers, and stakeholders
- Energetic, courteous, and proactive always and a team player with a clear understanding of the value of events for brand activation and client engagement
The Westfield Way
We are passionate about inspiring and empowering our colleagues to be the best we can be. We believe that our people are our strongest asset and by recruiting people that understand and live by our values; The Westfield Way, we aim to continue to provide an excellent experience for our colleagues and customers. Our commitment to creating a workplace where our colleagues feel connected, heard, developed, recognised and supported has been demonstrated by our achievement of the prestigious Investors in People Gold accreditation!
Our co-created Values reflect the ‘way we do things around here’. The Communication & Events Manager will be expected to demonstrate these values in all aspects of their role.
- We care
- We’re in it together
- We are explorers
- We own it
To find out more about what makes up each of our Values, please see our website.
- 20 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- Health Cash Plan
- Private Health Insurance
- Company sick pay scheme after 6 months
- NEST pension
Westfield Health offers many benefits to our colleagues as part of your employment package. We believe that by treating our colleagues well, they will enjoy working with us - and happy colleagues makes happy customers; it’s a win-win!
Stay fit and well by accessing your personal Health Cash Plan and Private Medical Insurance policies. Be rest assured that you are well looked after and have cover for all your essential healthcare needs.
Take advantage of our all-inclusive internal wellbeing experience. We offer all colleagues free access to a number of wellbeing webinars and content.
We offer incremental annual leave and service awards to our colleagues as well as a comprehensive learning and development programme.
To see more of our benefits, please go to our website..
Are you interested?
Part of the selection process will be a Competency Based Interview. Candidates will be asked for specific examples detailing how they have demonstrated the Skills and Values required for this role.
If you feel that you have the necessary experience and values to carry out this role, please apply by submitting your CV and provide information relevant to the selection criteria stated. This should include examples of how your skills, qualifications and experience meet the requirements of the role along with any other relevant supporting information.
Submit your CV and covering letter via email to HRinbox@westfieldhealth.com