Day Surgery benefit is available on several of our plans. The benefit is payable when you are admitted or an NHS or private hospital/treatment centre as a day case patient and you are required to sign a consent form and are allocated a bed – the use of which is normally for a period of supervised recovery. Visit My Westfield or refer to your plan guide to see if you have Day Surgery included on your plan.
If you still have a question try searching our FAQs
Definition of a pre-existing medical condition
A condition for which you or a dependent child:
- Are currently taking any prescribed medication, or have taken prescribed medication in the last 12 months;
- Have consulted a GP or Consultant Physician/Consultant Surgeon during the last 12 months;
- Have received advice or treatment from a qualified practitioner or therapist i.e. Physiotherapist, Acupuncturist, Chiropractor, Homeopath, Osteopath, Chiropodist, Podiatrist or any other complementary medicine practitioner, during the last 12 months;
- Have attended a hospital or registered treatment centre during the last 12 months;
- Are awaiting any medical tests, investigations or treatment, or are awaiting the results of any medical tests or investigations, whether or not the condition has been diagnosed;
- Attend your GP, Consultant Physician/Consultant Surgeon or hospital for monitoring or check-ups;
- Have an illness, injury or condition that is permanent, or has ever previously recurred or that is likely to recur.
Remember, if you are not sure whether a fact needs to be declared you should tell us before making a claim so that we can decide whether it is relevant or not.