The average days off work due to mental health increased to 4.8 days per employee in 2022, costing businesses an estimated £18 billion.
Westfield Health’s recent research into the attitudes around mental health found that 30% of respondents felt their mental health had worsened in the past year. 51% said it had impacted their productivity at work and a third of respondents stated they have no support for their wellbeing at work.
It’s clear there’s a growing mental health crisis in the UK, but stigma may prevent employees from discussing their mental health with their employer or line manager. So how can organisations normalise and improve conversations around mental health in the workplace?
In this webinar our experts share their tips and advice for creating a culture that prioritises mental health and the benefits of having Mental Health First Aiders (MHFAiders®) in an organisation.
All sources: ‘Attitudes to mental health’ survey, Westfield Health, January 2023.What you’ll learn:
- The importance of looking after employees’ mental health.
- How to create a wellbeing culture and drive cultural change.
- Different ways that organisations can support mental health.
- The benefits of Mental Health First Aid for your business and your people.
- How to embed Mental Health First Aid into your organisation.
- Richard Holmes, Director of Wellbeing, Westfield Health
- Cathy Lawson, Independent Workplace Health and Wellbeing Consultant, MHFA Instructor and Coach
- Bradley Smith, Health & Wellbeing Consultant, Westfield Health