Westfield Health’s recent research into the attitudes around mental health revealed that a third of respondents feel they have no support for their wellbeing at work.
Despite many companies heavily investing in wellbeing in recent years, there seems to be a mismatch between what employees are looking for and what employers are providing, with employees across all sectors expressing dissatisfaction towards their employers’ efforts.
This has given rise to the term ‘wellbeing washing’. ‘Wellbeing washing’ has become increasingly popular and refers to when a company focuses more on appearing to care about wellbeing than actually providing the support their people need.
All sources: ‘Attitudes to mental health’ survey, Westfield Health, January 2023.
Watch our webinar and hear from our experts as they discuss the different ways that organisations can implement wellbeing solutions that their employees really need to better support their mental health and how they can create a culture of wellbeing.What you’ll learn:
- What ‘wellbeing washing’ is and how to avoid it
- How to understand what support employees are looking for
- How to destigmatise mental health in the workplace
- Steps to creating an authentic and inclusive culture
- Vicky Walker, Group Director of People, Westfield Health
- Cathy Lawson, Independent Workplace Health and Wellbeing Consultant, MHFA Instructor and Coach
- Charley Robson-Buck, Culture & Development Business Partner, Westfield Health