Absenteeism due to mental health is rising, with 40% of UK employees taking more days of mental health absence in 2022. Last year, the average employee reported taking 4.8 days of leave due to their mental health - a figure that has been increasing since our first study in 20191.
Embedding Mental Health First Aiders (MHFAiders®) in your organisation is one way to further support your employees’ mental health. Having MHFAiders® encourages people to talk more freely and openly about mental health and helps to reduce the stigma, as well as providing support for employees who may be experiencing mental distress.
1. Understanding the mental health puzzle report, Westfield Health, 2023.
In this webinar, expert Mental Health First Aid Instructor, Cathy Lawson, shares advice for choosing Mental Health First Aiders (MHFAiders®) and how to ensure they’re utilized in your organization. Cathy answers some of the common questions that our audience asked during our previous webinar, ‘Normalising mental health support in organisations’.What you’ll learn:
- The role of a MHFAider®
- How do you choose MHFAiders® for your business?
- How many MHFAiders® should you have in your workplace?
- How can you promote MHFAiders® so they are fully utilised?
- How do you get buy-in from the leadership team for investing in MHFAider® training?
- Cathy Lawson – Independent Workplace Health and Wellbeing Consultant, MHFA Instructor and Coach
- Bradley Smith – Health & Wellbeing Consultant and qualified MHFAider®, Westfield Health