We’ve recently reviewed the terms and conditions for the Advantage Corporate Health Cash Plan. The changes come into effect from 1st August 2023 and aim to make what is and isn’t covered on the plan clearer and more transparent.
There’s a summary of some of the changes below, and the full terms and conditions can be found in your plan guide. Please familiarise yourself before claiming as something may have changed.
Summary of some of the main changes
- Optical benefit now covers prescription swimming goggles and prescription safety goggles
- We’ve made changes to the referral process and introduced the definition of a ‘medical professional’, this includes additional qualifications, as well as GP. This is part of a wider update to the Consultation benefit which is now called Specialist Consultations and Diagnostics.
- We’ve clarified the general exclusions of the plan, including within Personal Accident cover.
- Claims can now be submitted up to 26 weeks from the date of the receipt.
- The Acupuncture qualifications have been extended to include the British Acupuncture Federation.
- The Health Screening benefit has been re-written and now covers only a detailed assessment of your health.
- Worldwide cover has been restricted to emergencies only.
- The premiums no longer appear in the plan guide; they appear on your letter/email.
- The application form is no longer in the plan guide; this is now a separate document located on your My Westfield account.